Broad-Bodied Chaser

Broad-Bodied Chaser
Wing Mosaic (Broad-bodied Chaser): Winner, Nikon In-Frame Competition August 2010

Cormorant

Cormorant
Cormorant: Winner, Attention to Detail, Bird Photographer of the Year 2017

Wednesday 9 March 2011

London WWT Saturday 12th February

On a very dull day the sun finally came out in the afternoon. I spent a lot of time with a pair of Egyptian Geese which are a regular fixture at the moment.


Just before the sun quickly dropped I got the shot I was looking for.  A group of ducks generally rest in a small bay in front of one of the hides.  I had made several attempts to get this type of shot, but got lucky today as a Tufted Duck flew right at me. I just caught it with some late afternoon sun before it landed in the shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment